Best Relieving Letter Samples
A relieving letter is an official communication or document issued by a company to their employee.
Following are top 10 tips to write a relieving letter
1. The relieving letter should always be issued from the organization’s letterhead only.
2. The relieving letter is usually addressed 'To Whomsoever It May Concern', until the employee has a specific person to be addressed.
3. The relieving letter has to mention and begin with the resignation of the employee and that it has been accepted by the company.
4. The employee post held in the last tenure should be mentioned in the relieving letter.
5. The relieving letter should always talk positively and give credit to the employee’s performance.
6. The relieving letter should always mention the date of joining and the tenure of the employee held in the organization.
7. The relieving letter should also end positively wishing the employee more success for the future.
8. The relieving letter should be written in simple English yet the language and tone should be kept professional. The relieving letter should never use slang words.
9. The relieving letter should always be a letter of communication to help the employee go ahead in their career and never a road block to get more career offers.
10. The relieving letter should always be issued at the time of the employee leaving the company. Any delay in the issue will only dampen the employee’s career pursuits.
Following are sample relieving letters:
- SAMPLE RELEIVING LETTER INDICATING A CLEAN EXIT PROCESS
Dear Employee name
With reference to your letter dated ___________ for resigning from the services of our organization,
We write to inform you that your resignation has been accepted and you shall be relieved of your duties with effect from close of working hours of _______________.
You are requested to hand over all the property of the company including hard copies and e copies of files, brochures etc to the authorized people.
Your salary, incentives and other benefits have been settled with the company and you can collect the same on the day of relieving after office hours.
We appreciate your contribution towards our company. We wish you the very best in all your future endeavours.
With best wishes,
2. SAMPLE RELIEVING LETTER IN A GENERAL FORMAT
Date of the letter issued
Employee Address – city
To Whomsoever It May Concern
With reference to your resignation letter dated on.........., your resignation has been accepted and we agree to relieve you from the duties on .......... We confirm that you have worked with our company from ....... as a ..........................
During your employment with us we found you to be sincere and hardworking in performing your duties.
We would like to thank you for your service with the company and wish you the best for your future endeavours.
3. SAMPLE RELIEVING LETTER IN A LETTER HEAD
************ COMPANY LETTER HEAD ******************************
Date of issue
Name of the employee
Designation of the employee
Address of the employee
With reference to your resignation letter dated on….., we hereby accept your resignation and agree to relieve you from the duties on ….. We confirm that you have been working in our company from …. (Tenure) as a …. (Job designation)
During your employment with us we found you to be sincere and hard working in performing your duties. We also appreciate the efforts you had put in towards our company’s growth.
The management would like to thank you for your service extended to the company and we wish you the best and success in your future endeavours.
Signature of the executive issuing the relieving letter
NAME of the executive issuing the relieving letter